In April, several months after the adventured ended for
Brooke, Michael and Hal, all of the original ten contestents are
reunited in Sydney to watch episode 9, and
finally learn the answer to the question, who is the Mole?
When they left, the eliminated thought
the Mole was...
|Helen thought it was Mal
it was Fiona
Angela thought it was Michael but changed her mind
Fiona thought it was Hal
|Shane thought it was Brooke
thought it was Brooke
Mal thought it was Michael but didn't get enough
Hal thought it was Michael but didn't get enough
Who they now thought the Mole was...
|Helen thought it was Brooke
thought it was Michael
Angela thought it was Michael
Fiona still thought it was Hal
|Shane thought it was Michael
thought it was Michael
Mal now thought it was Brooke
The Secret pact
While at the Chatel where they had to get away with stealing
in episode 4, Shane, Emily and Hal made a
pact to share money between them should one win. The winner would
get all the money except $40,000 which would be split among the
other two, unless one of them was the Mole
in which case the other would get both shares. Shane and Emily
were nervous about the last episode, hoping they may have won
$20,000, but as they saw the final episode there was some
disappointment to see Hal had lost. After learning of the pact,
Angela was annoyed that she hadn't been included.
- Fiona learnt after leaving the show that she had been
- John was conned by Fiona into thinking she was the Mole.
- Angela didn't understand why Fiona was so harsh in her
opinions of her, when they had barely spoken.
- Since being on the Mole,
aspiring actor Shane has appeared in a TV commercial (for
- Hal knew that Michael was the mole because his allies
Shane and Emily had both left thinking Brooke was the Mole.
- Alan Mason, the first series Mole,
thought Michael did an "excellent job".
How you could have known
Grant told us there were 20 clues that Michael was the Mole that we viewers could have picked
- We saw Michael's bio page being photocopied and could see
his age. When Angela was going over the info in the first
challenge she said the wrong age and he said that it was
- As he was last on the flying fox during the obstacle
course he was able to slow them down by 'having trouble'
getting his harness off.
- During the next stage he gave the instruction to "go
around" an obstacle.
- He saw the clue PYRO near the bomb but didn't offer it up
- In the Maze he ran slowly, bumping into things on
purpose. His excuse is a faulty torch, but the footage
shows that it was working.
- Also in the Maze he picked up the beacon despite the
hunter being right behind him, thus taking that beacon
out of play.
- While appearing to be a hero by spotting the upside down
map when locked in with Mal, he doesn't correct Mal's
mistake of calling Healsville Hill's View.
- While searching for Hal and Shane with Brooke, he hears
them calling from his left, but points to the right and
heads in that direction.
- Whenever he and Brooke stopped to call out to Hal and
Shane, Michael made sure they were at waterfalls, the
noise of which covered up the two guys calling back.
- While beseiged in the house, Michael barricades a window
poorly, when as a builder he knew how to do it much
- Also during the seige he took the nightsight, but never
- He was also patrolling the back of the house during the
seige, the same direction the attack came from and did
- During the driving test he easily convinced Emily to
reverse back without looking behind, thus breaking a road
- In the 'Hitchcock Hotel' challenge he waited 35 minutes
before trying out the exercise bike.
- Also in the hotel he kept getting off the bike, thus
leaving Hal in the pitch black of his room.
- After Fiona and Shane won the bus challenge, all the
others clap, except Michael.
- When Brooke shot him in the back in ghost town, thus
winning herself a free pass and the team no money,
Michael smiles and thanks her.
- In the fugitive challenge, Michael sprinted off after
Brooke, hoping to leave Hal behind so he could
'accidently' lose her, but Hal foiled him by keeping up.
- In the kyack challenge Michael paddled hard, until he was
away from the others on the boat.
- Finally, when he spoke of eliminations it was always
about how someone else was going to be leaving.
Also he managed to look nervous at each elimination
At a dinner with all ten contestents, Grant presented Brooke
with her winners check for $100,000. She plans to travel.
Last episode | Next series?
Back to top